Santa's Healthy Granola
Chock full of oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, and coconut, this granola is delicious AND good for you! Perfect with greek yogurt and fruit, or as a holiday gift your friends and neighbors will actually eat! Sorry, fruitcake. We still love you. You're fun and colorful! ...and meant to be admired from afar. Very afar.
Santa’s Healthy Granola
Makes approx 4 cups
4 cups Old Fashioned Oats
1 cup Almonds, chopped, some coarsely
1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/2 - 1 cup Coconut Flakes, unsweetened
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup Juice (any flavor you like will work!)
3 Tbsp Honey
2 Tbsp Vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Mix oats through coconut.
3. Put juice, honey and vanilla in a microwaveable container. Microwave approximately 10 seconds, and mix together. Pour over oats, and stir.
4. Coat large, rimmed cookie sheet/pan with cooking spray, or a little oil. Spread oats over.
5. Bake at 325 for 10 minutes. Gently stir. (Try to keep clumps of granola, but move it around the tray so nothing burns.) Bake at 300 for 15-20 min. Watch during last 5-minutes to prevent burning. You may need to stir. Cook longer if granola still too wet.
6. Remove from oven, and let cool completely.