Christmas Waffle Trees
Looking for a festive, Christmas Eve breakfast? How about these cute, waffle trees? Easy to make and guaranteed to make kids of all ages grin!
2 Eggs, separated
2 cups Flour (can use 3/4 cup Whole Wheat for more fiber!)
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 1/2 cups Milk, skim
Green Food Coloring
1. Heat your waffle maker as directed.
2. Separate Egg whites and yolks. Place whites in a mixing bowl, and beat until stiff. Set aside.
3. Add Yolks, Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, and Milk in another bowl. Mix thoroughly. It’s okay if the batter is lumpy.
4. Mix in food coloring. Start with 3 drops, and add more to achieve desired tree color.
3. Fold stiff egg whites into the batter. Do not over mix. This will make your waffles light and fluffy!
4. Pour onto your waffle maker and cook.
5. Serve with colorful berries - and maybe a few sprinkles and whipped cream! HO HO HO