Sugar-Free Nutty Granola
I love granola. But I don't love all the extra calories that I could be using on warm cookies, or smelly cheese, or dark chocolate. But I digress.
So here's a version that's easy to make, tastes great, and is very, very healthy for me and you. And our kids. And our spouses. And our friends. You get the idea. Just perfect all jumbled together with your favorite fresh fruit and greek yogurt for an energy-packed breakfast, or even a luscious dessert. I'm a fan of vanilla greek yogurt, blueberries, and raspberries. Yum.
2 cups Oats
1/4 cup Almonds, chopped
1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
1/4 cup Walnuts, chopped
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
3 Egg Whites
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Mix everything except egg whites in a large bowl.
3. Beat egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold gently into granola mixture, just until coated.
4. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Spread thickly on tray if you like your granola in bigger chunks, like me.
5. Bake 30-45 minutes.
6. Cool completely before storing in airtight container.
7. If it isn't sweet enough for you, drizzle on a little honey. I liked it tart with my sweet berries, but my kids liked a little honey.
Modified from another delicious no-sugar recipe at Super Healthy Kids.