Crock-Pot Chicken Tiki Masala
Thanksgiving is only a few day away. Most ski resorts are open. Your kids are home from school. Do you really wants to spend time cooking?
Save that for Thanksgiving! This kid- (and holiday visitor) friendly recipe will give you more time to do the things you really want to do.
Like lay on the couch and read. ;)
It was so delicious that my kids and husband and I ate it all up before I could even snap a picture! But here's some of the goodies that go into it. And here's the recipe. You'll just have to try it yourself!
Crock- Pot Chicken Tiki Masala
Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 4-5 hrs
1 & 1/2 pounds Chicken Breast
1/2 large Onion, diced
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
2 tsp Ginger, freshly grated
1 Tbsp Garam Masala
2 tsp Paprika
2 tsp Salt
1 (28-oz) can Diced Fire-Roasted Tomatoes
1/2 cup light coconut milk (or 1/2 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt, but may separate)
2 cups Cooked Rice OR Quinoa
1. Turn Crock-Pot on High.
2. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Throw into crock- pot.
3. Toss onion, garlic, ginger, spices, and tomatoes on top. Stir to mix.
4. Put lid on and cook 4 hours.
5. About 30 minutes before you are ready to nosh, make the rice or quinoa. Approx 15 minutes before serving, mix in the coconut milk (or yogurt). Leave lid off and heat until warm.
6. Serve over quinoa or rice.
How did you spend that extra well-deserved time?