Yummy. Tasty. Healthy. AND chock full of carrots! Veggies for breakfast was never easier!
Carrot Cake Banana Muffins
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Nonfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt (I love Fage)
- 1 Banana, ripe
- 1 cup Carrots, finely grated
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 cup White Whole-Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup White Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Coconut, shredded
- 1/3 cup Raisins
- 1/3 cup Pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 12 muffin cups in muffin tins.
- Beat together sugar and yogurt in a stand mixer.
- Add banana and carrots until well-combined.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- Add flour through nutmeg, and thoroughly mix to combine.
- Gently mix in coconut through pecans.
- Divide evenly into muffin cups. Bake 15-20 minutes.
Creamy Chicken Potato Crockpot Soup
6 cups Chicken Broth
2 lbs Chicken Breast
2 large Potatoes, coarsely chopped
2 cups Carrots, coarsely chopped
1 Onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped (or 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder)
1 pkt Ranch Dressing Seasoning
1 tsp Herbes de Provence
1/2 tsp Pepper
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
12 oz Evaporated Milk, nonfat
- Add chicken broth through ranch dressing to crock pot. Cook on HIGH 4-6 hours.
- Pull out chicken breasts 1-2 hours before serving, and shred. Return to crockpot.
- One hour before serving, whisk cornstarch and 2 Tbsp of the evaporated milk in a small bowl, then add mixture and rest of evaporated milk to crockpot. Cook another hour.
- Serve with a spinach salad and blueberry muffins.
Adapted from Super Healthy Kids